Wednesday, March 19, 2014

C'est Si Bon Cafe - Bexley


C'est Si Bon Cafe in Bexley serves sweet and savory crepes, all of which can be made gluten-free with buckwheat flour. My mom and I visited a few weeks ago before heading to the Columbus Museum of Art's Wine and Canvas: Toulouse-Lautrec Edition. The cafe is tucked in between the Drexel Movie Theater and Star Jewelers of Bexley on Main Street. It's a small cafe, but we went before dinner and it wasn't crowded.




I've never had crepes before so I was really excited to try them. It took us a long time to decide what to order - I didn't realize there were so many different items on the menu, all of which sounded amazing! The Brie and Pear Crepe, Smoked Salmon Crepe and Egg and Cheese Crepe all sounded delicious! I also liked the idea of the Traditional Crepe which is filled with Nutella, bananas and pecans. 

We wanted to try more than one crepe, so we decided to split two. We ordered the Caprese Crepe with mozzarella, basil and tomato and the Lavender & Lemon Crepe for dessert. I also had a Sanpellegrino Pompelmo (grapefruit) soda. 


Our order was finished shortly after we placed it - the crepes were made in the open kitchen behind the counter. Both crepes were fantastic! The buckwheat flour gave the crepes a delicious nutty flavor. 

The Caprese Crepe reminded me a bit of a pita/pancake sandwich, it had just the right amount of cheese, tomato and basil.  The Lavender & Lemon Crepe was lovely - the lavender was subtle and the lemon added a nice brightness that went well with the sweet powdered sugar dusting the crepe. Both crepes were very filling. I doubt I could have eaten two whole crepes so I'm glad we split two!

I hope to return very soon - it's so nice to have gluten-free options like crepes!

C'est Si Bon Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment