Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!  I hope you did something fun to celebrate!  Yesterday Kenneth took photos of me in both of my costumes for this year (I worked two days of a Halloween event for kids at work which meant two costumes!).  Today I found my mini playing cards that I meant to use as props with my Alice costume and took some photos of those for my photo of the day.




Photo by Kenneth Brunson

Photos by Kenneth Brunson

My Owl costume is from The Owl and the Pussycat poem by Edward Lear. I made this costume out of a pillowcase and scrap t-shirt fabric cut to resemble feathers. The mask was made out of a simple half-mask covered with smaller t-shirt 'feathers' and stiffened with fabric starch. A long-sleeved brown shirt, black leggings and brown boots finish the costume, all purchased.



Photos by Kenneth Brunson

My Alice costume is from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I love Alice in Wonderland and have been adding to my Alice costume for the past three years! I bought the dress from Rag-o-Rama for about $5, the apron I purchased on Etsy. My striped socks were found at JoAnn Fabrics and the shoes are from ShoeMall. The Wonderland props I mostly made, though I found the blue bottle at a garage sale. The caterpillar and butterfly I made out of pantyhose, a clothes hanger, polyfil, an egg carton, glass gems, acrylic paint and glitter glue. The roses are made out of paper and twigs and are painted red with acrylic paint.



Photos by Kenneth Brunson
Enjoy the rest of Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment