Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Little Lady Apples


These are the cutest little apples! They are called Lady Apples (not to be confused with crabapples, which are also small, but are pretty tart!) and are tasty enough to eat fresh. They're only about an inch and a half to two inches in diameter (about the size of a ping pong ball!).  I saw these cuties at Whole Foods last week and had to have them. I later researched Lady Apples and found some fun recipes to make with them, if I don't eat them all first!




These would make an adorable addition to a packed lunch, for your child (or yourself!). They'd also be an awesome snack at a kids tea party, maybe cut up and served with peanut butter - they're the perfect size for little hands!  I enjoyed them plain as a morning snack today. 


These are the recipes that I found, let me know in the comments below if you try them or if you've ever enjoyed Lady Apples before!  The caramel lady apples are adorable!

In Season: Lady Apples from POPSUGAR Food

Mapled, Baked Lady Apples from Hogwash

Caramel Lady Apples from Martha Stewart

Pickled Lady Apples from Martha Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment