Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gluten-Free Chokeberry-Lime Bread


This Chokeberry-Lime Bread, like some of my other recipes lately, is still being tweaked (mainly, it needs more lime, maybe even a lime glaze!).  It was adapted from the Blueberry-Oat Quick Bread recipe on The Kitchn.  I will post the recipe here when its in better shape!

While you wait, check out my Chokeberry Oatmeal Bars recipe!  

Chokeberries kind of taste like blueberries, but can't be eaten raw, hence the name chokeberry!  My mom, sister and I harvested the chokeberries pictured below from my parents' yard two weeks ago.  I now have three gallon sized bags of these berries in my freezer (after being frozen and/or cooked, the berries lose their astringency and become palatable)!  The chokeberry bushes were planted as ornamentals when my parents landscaped their yard several years ago; we realized that the berries are edible after they were planted.  It was a delicious discovery!  



No comments:

Post a Comment