Wednesday, March 19, 2014

GF Review: Glutino Honey Mustard Pretzels + Apple Cinnamon Toaster Pastries


Glutino is a gluten-free food company with almost 100 different delicious products! Their range of products is impressive - they create gluten-free baking mixes, bagels, breads, cereal, breakfast bars, chips, cookies, crackers, frozen entrees, pasta and pizza! I recently tasted two of Glutino's newer products, their Apple Cinnamon Toaster Pastries and their Honey Mustard Pretzels in order to review them for my blog.





Before going gluten-free, I ate a fair amount of toaster pastries (Pop-Tarts were my favorite when I was a kid, more recently I enjoyed Nature's Path). Toaster pastries are a nice and portable snack or breakfast item - it was disappointing to not be able to eat them anymore when I first went gluten-free. 


I'm so glad that Glutino now makes gluten-free toaster pastries! They are just as good as the conventional pastries I used to eat! Glutino's toaster pastries are the first gluten-free toaster pastries I tried - they remind me of little rectangular pies. Before trying them, I thought the only way I'd be able to have one again would be if I made my own (which wouldn't be terrible, but it is so convenient, and much faster to pick these up at the store!). 

The crust on the pastry is wonderful - not too soft and not too hard or dry (I sound like a gluten-free Goldilocks!). The amount of filling is perfect too! I appreciate that the pastry is not spoiled with a layer of hard frosting or sprinkles (I always preferred unfrosted toaster pastries, even before going gluten-free). I recommend toasting the pastry before eating - they taste best that way, but they're good at room temperature too.



One of my favorite snacks (currently and before going gluten-free) are pretzels! I love the salty crunch! When I first went gluten-free the only gluten-free pretzels I could find were Wylde Pretzels. They are crunchy and taste ok, but they are small, not very salty and they aren't in the traditional 'pretzel' shape. They are also really hard to find in the grocery. In the past year or so I've noticed a lot of brands are now making gluten-free pretzels - which is awesome! Having choices and options is always better! 

My favorite pretzels are Glutino's Honey Mustard Pretzels. Honey mustard has always been my favorite type of pretzel and Glutino really nailed the flavor (they're also the traditional 'pretzel' shape - which obviously improves the flavor!). I feel nostalgic snacking on these and getting the honey mustard powder on my fingers - it makes me feel so normal! 

Now the only thing missing in my gluten-free life are soft pretzels... hint.... hint, Glutino!



Check out Glutino's amazing line of products! I have had luck finding Glutino at Kroger, Giant Eagle and Whole Foods in Columbus, you can also shop on Glutino's website. Enjoy!

Author's Note: I was given a free box of Glutino's Apple Cinnamon Toaster Pastries and a bag of their Honey Mustard Pretzels in order to review them for my blog. I was not compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. If you would like a review of your company's products or services to appear on Cbus52, please click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment