Sunday, December 1, 2013

Aveda Institute Columbus


The Aveda Institute Columbus is the only place I go for a haircut in Columbus! I started going to Raphael's Aveda Concept Spa & Salon in Athens as a college student at Ohio University. I adore the fragrance of the Aveda shampoos and have never had a bad haircut or color, in Athens or Columbus! 




At the Columbus Aveda Institute, students perform the hair and cosmetology services, so the cost is lower than at a regular Aveda Salon. Every stylist who has worked on my hair has done a great job, and their work is always checked by an instructor. Every haircut comes with a shampoo, blow dry and simple styling as well as your choice of a mini facial or shoulder and hand massage. I always get the mini facial - it's so relaxing and all of the products smell amazing! I also recommend Aveda's tea, it's delicious and complementary at the salon. Technically it's a tisane, it contains licorice root, peppermint, sweet fennel and basil, it's caffeine free and is very soothing. I bought a jar of the tea in loose leaf form this summer, it's that good!



Haircuts and simple styling range in price from $19 to $25, depending on the experience level of your stylist. Aveda also offers bridal up-dos, permanents and relaxers, highlights and full color with pigments that are 97% naturally derived from plants. In addition to hair services, Aveda also offers spa treatments for your hair, face and body. Some of these treatments include the botanical therapy dry remedy and damage remedy treatment, green science facial, perfecting plant peel, Caribbean therapy treatment, spa manicure and pedicure and hair removal (everything from brow to bikini waxes). 



I have been growing my hair out from a pixie cut since moving to Columbus in 2010. About a week ago I decided to have five inches trimmed from my now very long hair. My stylist, Regina, did a fantastic job! I was a little nervous to get so much hair cut off, but I'm glad I did! 



The Aveda Institute has two locations in Columbus, at 1618 Neil Avenue and 1581 North High Street. To make an appointment, call 614-291-2421.

No comments:

Post a Comment