Monday, December 16, 2013

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace - Downtown Columbus


Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace is my new favorite fast food joint in Columbus! I can't believe I've not been here before - Dirty Frank's is the best! 

I went with some friends a few weeks ago to check out 16-Bit Bar, which is next door to Dirty Frank's. 16-Bit doesn't serve food so we grabbed dinner at Dirty Frank's first. Gluten-free and vegan/vegetarian friendly options abound, you can order a beef or vegan (soy-free) dog on a poppy seed bun, a gluten-free bun or in a Romaine lettuce wrap. 



Dirty Frank's menu is full of delicious and unique hot dog toppings with clever names. If you don't find a dog that sounds amazing, you can order 'Your Wiener' which is any dog any two toppings from the list. The entire menu is reasonably priced, you can have a dog and a side like fries or tater tots for under $6! 

On my first visit, I ordered the West Virginia Slaw Dog which comes with coney sauce, creamy slaw and onion. I also ordered a side of fries, which are also gluten-free! It was so delicious and I talked Kenneth into stopping at Dirty Frank's for dinner the next weekend. I ordered the The Real Man with brown mustard, coney sauce, sauerkraut, and onion and Kenneth ordered the T-Dog with sriracha mustard, roasted red peppers, bacon bits, and cheddar. On our next visit, I plan to try the gluten-free brownies!





Dirty Frank's only plays local Columbus music (if you don't like it, they invite you to make your own!) and is decorated with artwork depicting athletes and musicians. Check out Dirty Frank's - it's a fantastic local restaurant - with a fun neighbor, 16-Bit Bar!

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment