Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mumford Mania in Troy, Ohio


Mumford & Sons will be playing in Troy, Ohio next weekend as part of their Gentlemen of the Road Stopover Tour in the US! Troy is just south of my hometown, Piqua, and while we are bitter rivals in high school football, I'm really excited for Troy and everyone who will be at the concert.




Downtown Troy is excited too!  My mom and I went to buy running shoes at Up and Running in Troy and decided to stop at Winans for coffee and chocolate before continuing our shopping.  GOTR memorabilia, the Union Jack and mustaches are everywhere in downtown Troy!  Winans even has chocolate mustaches, chocolate top hats and some really cute tote bags and shirts for the event!



Mumford & Sons is an awesome band!  If you've never heard of them, check them out on YouTube or iTunes!  They recently released a hilarious music video for the song Hopeless Wanderer which features comedians Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman, Ed Helms and Will Forte.  I also love the music video for Lover of the Light, which features Idris Elba (The Office fans may recognize him as Charles from season 5) and the phrase "love the one you hold" which was featured on some signs and memorabilia I saw this weekend.  




I'm not very fluent in writing about music, but I think Mumford & Sons' music is beautiful - their lyrics are thoughtful and the band knows how to rock out!  I don't think we'll make it to the concert (though there are a few tickets left!) due to Kenneth's work schedule, but I hope everyone who does is safe and has a fantastic time!  For concert details, check out Troy's page of the Stopover Tour.




2 comments:

  1. 'Mumford Mania' IS PERFECT! This was an awesome weekend and the show was INcredible. I hope you get a chance to see them someday! Your pictures are lovely - much better than the ones I got! You are a really great photographer and writer, Courtney! I mean that too. This post just makes me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you Sara! That is really sweet! I've loved taking pictures since I got my first camera early in high school. I have a small digital camera now that fits in my back pocket - I almost always have it with me, just in case!

      I hope to see Mumford & Sons someday! They're awesome!

      Delete