Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gluten-Free S'mores


I've had a s'more everyday after work this week!  I get home, feed the cats, make a s'more and resist the urge to make a second - they're sooo good!  

I usually make gluten-free s'mores with gluten-free cookies (store bought or homemade), but when a s'more craving hit me at the grocery store last weekend I decided to try Kinnikinnick's S'moreables Graham Style Crackers (they do contain a little bit of soy lecithin, which I can occasionally tolerate in small amounts so I decided to give them a go).  

The graham crackers are really good, but they remind me more of shortbread cookie than a traditional graham cracker.  They actually hold up better than the graham crackers I remember eating a few years ago, they're sturdier! In case you're wondering, I've been making my s'mores on the stovetop, just turn a burner on medium-high (or high if you're in a hurry), stick your marshmallows on a fork and toast them!  Easy and delicious!     

No comments:

Post a Comment