Saturday, May 18, 2013

Science Olympiad Nationals 2013


Today is the national competition for Science Olympiad at Wright State University!  Science Olympiad is basically the Olympics of smart, nerdy kids in junior and high school.  Kenneth, my sister, Brittney, and I were in Science Olympiad as kids and Kenneth and I have been student coaches and volunteer coaches for the Grandview Middle school team in Columbus.


We joined two of our former coaches and some former teammates to run and grade the event Experimental Design.  It was great to see everyone again and catch up!  I could write a short novel on my experiences in Science Olympiad and how wonderful the program is.  To be short - Science Olympiad is how I met Kenneth and how I decided to pursue environmental education!  It's an amazing program and if it's available at your child's school - I definitely recommend getting involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment