Sunday, June 30, 2013

Clouds are flowing in the river, clouds are drifting in my tea


These are yesterday's photos of the day, which I heavily manipulated with picmonkey.  The photographs and the poem together remind me a bit of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.  Just the right amount of silliness mixed with curiosity and a wondrous outlook on life.


Clouds are flowing in the river, waves are flying in the sky.
Life is laughing in a pebble.  Does a pebble ever die?

Flowers grow out of garbage, such a miracle to see.
What seems dead and what seems dying makes for butterflies
     to be.

Life is laughing in a pebble, flowers bathe in the morning dew.
Dust is dancing in my footsteps and I wonder who is who.

Clouds are flowing in the river, clouds are drifting in my tea,
On a never-ending journey, what a miracle to be!

Eveline Beumkes 
from the book Earth Prayers From around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations for Honoring the Earth



If you like Alice in Wonderland, check out my Pinterest board of the same name!

No comments:

Post a Comment