Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dinner from the North Market Cookbook


I received the North Market Cookbook as a birthday present from my parents last week. For dinner last night Kenneth and I made the Crispy Oven-Roasted Kale (from Chef Peter Chapman of The Pearl) to go with our poached eggs and toast (I love breakfast food for dinner!).



Just like the North Market Cookbook, these kale 'chips' were fantastic! Crispy kale reminds me of really healthy potato chips, they're crisp, a little salty, and addictive! 



I'm excited to make more of the recipes in my new cookbook! A few delicious looking recipes include The Hibiscus Bee's Knees drink, Honey and Lavender Cupcakes with Honey-Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, I.P.A. "Candy Onion" Soup and Asparagus "Gremolata." There's even a gluten-free recipe for blueberry muffins from Pattycake Bakery! A lot of the recipes in this book are gluten-free friendly, and I like the challenge of adapting conventional recipes to be gluten-free (I'm looking at you, Honey and Lavender Cupcakes!). The stories about the farmers and food vendors are wonderful and inspiring to read. The North Market Cookbook is a great piece of Columbus food culture and a fantastic reminder of the people (and food) that make this city great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment