Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pistacia Vera - German Village


Pistacia Vera has some delicious treats! I stopped by last week to pick up some Valentine's desserts for Kenneth. Pistacia Vera has macarons, chocolate truffles, tarts, dacquoise (a type of cake), tortes, cookies, breads, pâtes de fruits, caramels, nougat and house-made preserves. Many of their desserts are gluten-free or nut-free, a few of them are both! They also serve tea and Cafe Brioso coffee and have a brunch menu from 7am to 2pm daily.




I had a little time to kill so I bought a latte and a blackberry violet macaron to enjoy while I decided what to get for Kenneth. The latte was fantastic - and pretty! I wish I had brought a book with me - the cafe is very open and bright, but still cozy. It'd be the perfect spot to read, work on a blog post, or sit by the window and people watch during warmer weather.



It took me a long time to choose some treats for Kenneth - there are a lot of tasty looking nut-free confections! I ended up getting him an orange brioche, a French butter shortbread cookie and a slice of cassis truffle torte for us to share. I also grabbed three macarons for me to go: pistachio, strawberry lillet and mocha hazelnut - all of the macarons are so pretty!



I was a little nervous while my order was being rung up, I was expecting a really expensive bill even though I tried to be mindful of the prices when making my selection. I was pleasantly surprised when everything was just over $15! Not cheap, but very reasonably priced for such decadent treats!



Our favorite dessert was the cassis truffle torte - it was amazing! Smooth layers of chocolate mousse flavored with earl grey tea, flourless chocolate cake and a cassis buttercream and glaze! I also really enjoyed the strawberry lillet and blackberry violet macarons - they're light and airy yet have a wonderful chewy texture.



I can't wait to go back - I actually started bugging Kenneth about going with me as soon as I finished my last macaron!

Pistacia Vera on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment