Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pistacia Vera - German Village


Pistacia Vera has some delicious treats! I stopped by last week to pick up some Valentine's desserts for Kenneth. Pistacia Vera has macarons, chocolate truffles, tarts, dacquoise (a type of cake), tortes, cookies, breads, p√Ętes de fruits, caramels, nougat and house-made preserves. Many of their desserts are gluten-free or nut-free, a few of them are both! They also serve tea and Cafe Brioso coffee and have a brunch menu from 7am to 2pm daily.




I had a little time to kill so I bought a latte and a blackberry violet macaron to enjoy while I decided what to get for Kenneth. The latte was fantastic - and pretty! I wish I had brought a book with me - the cafe is very open and bright, but still cozy. It'd be the perfect spot to read, work on a blog post, or sit by the window and people watch during warmer weather.



It took me a long time to choose some treats for Kenneth - there are a lot of tasty looking nut-free confections! I ended up getting him an orange brioche, a French butter shortbread cookie and a slice of cassis truffle torte for us to share. I also grabbed three macarons for me to go: pistachio, strawberry lillet and mocha hazelnut - all of the macarons are so pretty!



I was a little nervous while my order was being rung up, I was expecting a really expensive bill even though I tried to be mindful of the prices when making my selection. I was pleasantly surprised when everything was just over $15! Not cheap, but very reasonably priced for such decadent treats!



Our favorite dessert was the cassis truffle torte - it was amazing! Smooth layers of chocolate mousse flavored with earl grey tea, flourless chocolate cake and a cassis buttercream and glaze! I also really enjoyed the strawberry lillet and blackberry violet macarons - they're light and airy yet have a wonderful chewy texture.



I can't wait to go back - I actually started bugging Kenneth about going with me as soon as I finished my last macaron!

Pistacia Vera on Urbanspoon